Yoni Assia, eToro
In this episode of the Foundr podcast, CEO and founder of eToro Yoni Assia sits down to discuss how he built his empire, getting dinner with Warren buffett, and how he scaled the world’s largest social media investment network.
As someone who has always been passionate about connecting finance and technology, Assia says that he was always someone who loved the intersection between technology and finance. As his second startup, eToro was created to simplify the user experience to make trading and investing something that is accessible for more people.
With a global company spanning 12 offices, over 1000 employees, and now reaching 20 million registered users, Assia’s ability to scale a business successfully is nothing short of incredible.
- Assia’s passion for technology and finance
- His first startup and how Assia found himself working with rollercoasters
- Launching eToro and how he planned to scaled sustainably
- Rethinking how their company dealt with funding during the Global Financial Crisis, and why Assia focussed on success and engagement
- The constant dialogue of users, and why that chat fuelled the social network
- Why a leader needs to know what success looks like
- How he managed to get dinner with Warren buffett
- Why his number one advice for entrepreneurs is to be consistent