Jon Oringer @ Shutterstock
After launching 9 companies, Jon Oringer didn’t really think that his 10th company Shutterstock would be the one to stand out from the crowd. Started as a side-hustle, Oringer launched the stock photography business with $10k. Today, his estimated net worth is sitting at $1.5B. Safe to say that Oringer’s journey has been pretty impressive.
Based out of New York, Shutterstock is a global provider of stock photography, stock footage, stock music, and editing tools used by the world over.
In this Foundr podcast episode, Nathan Chan sits down to speak with Oringer to discuss how he launched Shutterstock, creating the first pop-up blocker, and what he believes will be the future of Fintech and entrepreneurialism.
- Why Jon Oringer didn’t think Shutterstock would be the company to stand out from his other ventures
- Why he launched, and why he believes his company stood the test of time
- His personal belief that his main skillset is building companies from scratch
- The future of Fintech and his predictions for the future
- What Oringer looks for in an entrepreneur, and the key characteristics that will set you ahead of the curve